Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Right Teacher


Having a teacher/guide/mentor/healer inmy life
is simply one of the best gifts I’ve ever offered myself.

I have experienced such transformation and growth in my life, that I can’t imagine not having it. I have also learned, that my consistency is the key. When I would go to someone only in crisis, I would learn how to manage that particular crisis, but not necessarily grow the muscular structure to not repeat it. Today, I don’t wait for something to be ‘wrong.’


When life is going really well, or I’m in the middle of creating something really meaningful to me, I make sure I’m connecting with my teachers. I want to use my ‘whole’ life as an opportunity to grow and experience my highest potential self. As the saying goes, “God imagines more for us, than we ever could.”


This is also how I know I’ve found the right teacher for me.


They can imagine more for me, than I do, and stand in that possibility, until I can, while holding no judgement, opinion, or excuse as to why I’m not there already.


I am grateful to have many specific teachers in my life that fit this very description. So far, they have come in the form of coaches, bodyworkers, holistic practitioners, nutritionists, energy healers, intuitive guides, astrologers, pastors, and meditation/yoga teachers.


Some are there for a season, some are there for life. It is true that when the student is ready, the teacher appears, and often, teachers appear everywhere.


We are never done growing, and we never get to a

point of knowing all there is to know.



The beautiful thing is we’re not expected to know how this whole life thing works, and

...we don’t have to go through it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment